Friday, February 8, 2008

Still Sick :-(

Both of us are sick again today, though Jack seems to be on the upswing.

We tried to do arts and crafts this morning. We have 2 of those baby handprint plaster mold things and, against my better judgement, I decided to try it with Jack. It went sort of as I expected it to. The first few attempts, he grabbed a handful of the goop so I had to scrape it off his hands and smooth out the stuff left in the tin for another try. I contemplated leaving it with a missing handful, thinking it might be funny, but decided against it. In the end, the plaster had set a little too much and we didn't get much of a handprint at all. What we did get was a mess! Jack got panicky about the residue on his hands. I had to grab him out of his high chair and he managed to get it all over. It got all over our clothes and faces and in our hair. I ran into the bathroom and stripped our clothes off to toss into the washing machine and wiped all of the white off our skin. Afterwards, we went to Jack's closet and he asked, "What should we wear?"

I also got out his potty chair so he could get used to it being in the bathroom. As you can see, he's not quite ready to toilet train, but a career in plumbing could be in his future...


At the end of the video, he's coming to watch it. He likes to look at pictures and movies. During the day I often take some of us or of Glowy just so he can have fun looking at them.

No comments: