



Patty, Jack and I drove down to Omaha to celebrate Georgia's first birthday! Jack was not a very happy boy :-(
We stopped in Clear Lake, Iowa for lunch at Culver's where Jack had his first fast food. We shared chicken fingers and fries. After watching Patty, Jack decided to dip his food in the ketchup. He liked it so much that he decided to dip whole (not cut-up bite-sized pieces I made for him) fries and lick the ketchup off again and again and again. After that, he decided to only nap for about a half hour during the drive. And he stayed up until after 9:00 that night which meant an early morning...
The day started off at about 6:30 or so. Way too early for everybody, but things went okay when you consider the lack of sleep the day before and the horrible butt rash that Jack had :-( He was ready for a morning nap (haven't had one of those in months!) by about 11:00. Unfortunately, the nap was short and he woke up when the house was full of strangers for the birthday party. He wanted nothing to do with anything. He made Grandpa miss most of the party because he was trying to take a nap with him.
Later on, a couple of visits to the park were a much needed fun break. Grandma took him the first time and Grandpa and I took him the second time. He loved the big green swirly slide and went down it by himself a bunch of times. After that, some outside playing in the front yard included trying to throw a frisbee. He got the twisting motion down quite well, but couldn't seem to let go of it! There were a few overhead tosses as well as some throws under the parked cars.
Saturday night we had spaghetti dinner, followed by Jack's bath and a normal bedtime around 8:00. Everybody slept great and I think I was the first one up in the morning shortly before 8:00. Jack awoke a much happier boy...just in time to pack up and drive home :-(
Since this is a post about Georgia's birthday, I better mention that she was absolutely adorable! (I love the little blue dress in the pictures above.) She seemed to enjoy her party a lot and her friend Mara helped her open the presents. It was very cute. Jack and Georgia didn't have much together time, except when he was in the tub. She liked to stand at the edge and watch him splash the water. They even "talked" to each other a little bit. On Sunday morning, Matt put her in the pack 'n play with Jack and they co-existed alright. I don't believe we even got a single picture of them together, but I'll have to check my pictures to be sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment